RECIPE BY: Emilie Murmure
This pretty poke bowl made of quinoa, assorted vegetables, edamame and refreshing watermelon served with a dragon sauce is perfect for a sunny dinner in your yard, on your balcony or for a picnic.
For 2 servings
- 1 cup of Royal white quinoa (or 3 cups cooked)
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of sugar
- A few leaves of Boston lettuce
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, cut into slices
- 1 carrot, cut into fine julienne
- 1 cup of edamame
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in 4
- 1 cup of watermelon cubes
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed, cut in 4
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Marinated ginger
- Dragon sauce (homemade or commercial)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of tahini
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ – ½ cup of water (add as needed to obtain desired dressing liquidity)
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsbp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
Vegan bowl preparation
- Prepare the quinoa following the instructions on the package and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the other ingredients while quinoa is cooling.
- In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, salt and sugar until well dissolved. Once the quinoa has cooled slightly, add the seasoned rice vinegar and mix well.
- In 2 bowls or shallow plates, place the quinoa as a base.
- Divide the lettuce, sliced cucumbers, julienne carrots, edamame, and avocado among the bowls.
- Garnish with watermelon cubes, nori seaweed sheet, and chopped green onion. Top with sesame seeds, marinated ginger and drizzle dragon sauce over the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients except water in a small bowl.
- Add water slowly until desired sauce texture is achieved.