RECIPE BY: Extra for Avocado
A comforting classic that is easily made vegan! These meatless meatballs are served in a warm simple vegetable broth accompanied with hearty but not heavy rice and quinoa macaroni noodles.
Makes: 20 ‘meatballs’ and 2 servings of soup
- 2 Cups of GoGo Quinoa Quinoa Flakes + 2-3 Tbsp of water stirred in
- 1 Cup cashews, blended into a thick cream
- 1 Cup of Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup of Crumbled vegan feta (optional)
- 2 egg replacements (either GoGo Quinoa chia or egg replacement powder)
- 1/4 Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 Tsp of GoGo Quinoa Pink Andean Salt
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp of Red Chili Flakes
- 8 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups of GoGo Quinoa Macaroni Noodles
- Extra Basil and salt and pepper to finish
- Place the quinoa flakes in a large bowl with 2-3 tbsp of water and stir to combine, allowing the quinoa flakes to absorb the moisture.
- Add the cashew cream, walnuts, feta, vegan egg replacement, basil and spices and mix to combine.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and using heaping tbsp of mixture, form ‘meatballs’ and place on baking sheet. Place in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the soup.
- In a large pot, add vegetable broth and bring to boil, add macaroni noodles and cook until tender (roughly 4 minutes), bring broth to a simmer and add meatballs (roughly 8 ‘meatballs) and allow to simmer on low for 10 minutes, careful not to over stir, or the meatballs will start to fall apart.
- Serve in two large bowl with some extra fresh basil or herbs and salt and pepper.
- This recipe makes 20 ‘meatballs’ the extras can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days and made into soup again for the week.