RECIPE BY: Olive and Mango
This one pot meal is simple to make, light, yet super nourishing. It’s loaded with veggies and greens apart from the green curry itself and lots of protein from the lentils, chickpeas and of-course the quinoa.
- 2 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil (or sub twice as much water)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 green chilies de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 Tbsp green curry paste (plus more to taste)
- 2 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- ¾ cup red lentils
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa White Quinoa
- Two 13.5-oz cans light coconut milk (can sub half with vegetable broth to lighten it up)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp fish suace or soy sauce/tamari
- One 14-oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3-4 cups chopped spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of fresh coriander or cilantro plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice and more for serving
- Heat a dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, ginger, green chilies if using, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add cauliflower, quinoa and red lentils and sauté for a few more minutes. Add coconut milk, and broth and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Then stir in the fish sauce or tamari.
- Return to a simmer and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the lentils, and cauliflower are tender and quinoa is cooked through. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add spinach and chickpeas and stir until wilted (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding salt and pepper, or green curry paste for more intense curry flavor.
- Serve garnished with more cilantro, lime slices and sliced chili’s (red or green). I also love drizzling my bowl with chili oil for a little extra heat.