RECIPE BY: Amrita Singh Hooda
Chia seed jam is the ultimate quick-and-easy jam recipe. You can use any type of berry you prefer and have fun experimenting with different fruit combinations. Made with our Choco Crisps and quinoa flakes, these strawberry mini tarts will win the heart of your valentine!
Should make 7-8 tarts and 1.5 cups of strawberry jam
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 500 grams of strawberries (approx. 3 packed cups of strawberries cut into 2-4 pieces)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbs packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup GoGo Quinoa Chia Seeds
- Wash and cut strawberries into 2-4 pieces. Place strawberries and water in a saucepan on medium heat and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and mix in sugar and vanilla. Cook for 10 minutes while stirring every few minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and using a masher or wooden spoon, gently mash the strawberries while they cook. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Stir every 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the strawberry mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- When ready, place the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a jar or bowl and combine chia seeds. Mix well to avoid chia clumps. Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours. Best results if refrigerated overnight.
- 1 packed cup pitted dates
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa Choco Crisps
- 1/3 cup GoGo Quinoa quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
You will also need:
- 1 cupcake tray / cupcake moulds / mini tart moulds
- Cupcake liners or baking cups
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes and line a cupcake tray with 8 cupcake liners or baking cups.
- Strain the water and add dates along with all other ingredients to a blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes until coarsely combined.
- Transfer mixture to a clean dry surface and separate the mixture into 6-8 portions. Don’t worry if small pieces fall out here and there, you can press them back in!
- Using your clean hands, take 1 portion at a time, roll it into a ball and place it in the centre of a cupcake mould. Form a well by pressing the mixture down and raise the sides while pressing them along the mould in an upwards motion. The entire interior surface area of your mould should be covered with the tart mixture. Repeat until tart mixture is over.
- Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours. Best results if refrigerated overnight.
- Assemble Tarts: 2 hours prior to serving, fill each tart with strawberry jam and keep refrigerated until serving time. Optional – Garnish each tart with fresh strawberries or cocoa puffs before serving.