RECIPE BY: The Saffron Stories
These scallion pancakes are high in protein and pair perfectly with the spicy sauce as an accompaniment. You can even make them in bulk and store in the fridge for whenever you want a quick meal– if they’re fried on a pan they’ll be just as crispy as when you first made them. You can also use any veggies you like in the batter: broccoli, red peppers, greens and onions would also work great!
Makes 4-6 pancakes
- 1.5 cups GoGo Quinoa Quinoa Flakes, or GoGo Quinoa Buckwheat flakes
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or other neutral tasting oil
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cropped scallions
- Extra oil for cooking
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free Tamari sauce
- 2.5 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4-1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the GoGo Quinoa Flakes until they resemble a coarse flour. Measure out 1 cup and add to a bowl.
- Add in water and oil and mix to combine.
- Next, add in salt, pepper, garlic and scallions and mix. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Head about 1 tsp oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of blended mixture and gently spread to create a pancake about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel lined dish while you made the rest of the pancakes.
- Add another teaspoon of oil as needed to pan.
- Once pancake are done, serve warm with dipping sauce.
- You can keep these stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days and just reheat on a pan.