RECIPE BY: My Kale Kitchen by Amrita
Pure comfort food, this dish is an adult version of the mac and cheese we all ate as kids. And since spinach and cheese go so well together, why not incorporate the leafy green in a recipe featuring our famous protein-packed mac and vegan cheese?
Makes 2 small to medium portions.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 Box Mac & Vegan Cheese
- 8-10 twists of freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (or to taste)
- 2 vegan cheddar cheese slices (or ¾ cup grated vegan cheddar cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F., once ready bake spinach leaves for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 375 deg. F.
- Follow package instructions and cook Mac & Vegan Cheese. Once the seasoning is well combined, before mixing in the cooked pasta, add spinach leaves, black pepper and chilli flakes. Continue to follow the remaining packaging instructions.
- Equally divide cooked Mac & Vegan Cheese into 2 ramekins and if using cheese slices, cut each slice to the size of the ramekin and place it on top while slightly pressing it down. If using grated cheese, sprinkle cheese equally between both ramekins.
- Bake at 375 deg. F. for 15-20 minutes or until most of the cheese has melted. Remove from oven and allow the ramekins to cool for a few minutes before serving.