RECIPE BY: Odile JP – Pretty Small Vegan
This vegan Mac N’ Cheese is like nothing you’ve had before. Move away dairy, today we’re eating a ton of vegetables! It’s also certified 100% kid friendly. ;)
For 4 portions
- 1 medium sized onion (approx. 1/2 pound) pealed and cut in quarter
- 2-3 yellow potatoes (approx. 1 pound) cut in large dice
- 2-3 large carrots (approx. 1/2 pound) pealed and diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves with their outer layer
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 200 ml of vegetable cream (rice, soya, oat, etc.) (store-bought)
- 1/4 of tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast (add more to taste afterwards)
- 1/4 cup of red GoGo Quinoa lentils flakes
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp spoon of miso paste
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp spoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp spoon of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gogo Quinoa cauliflower pasta
- Preheat oven at 375F
- Cover an oven tray with parchment paper, spread the onions, potatoes, carrots and garlic cloves. Drizzle the olive oil, add a pinch of salt and crack a little black pepper, thoroughly mix.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes then take out the garlic cloves, set them aside. Toss the vegetables around and place back into the oven, this time for approximately 15-30 minutes, or until the carrots and potatoes are baked (bigger pieces will take longer to cook).
- Once the vegetables are well cooked, transfer them into a high-speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients (everything expects for the pasta – of course). Take off the garlic’s outer layer and add to the mix of ingredients.
- Blend your ingredients until you obtain a soft and even textured sauce. Transfer the content into a pot and bring to a light boil and then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes on medium-low heat, or until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Cook your cauliflower pasta following the packaging’s instructions. Add the sauce, enjoy!