RECIPE BY: La Petite Casserole
These vegan pea burgers are an excellent alternative to meat burgers, with a delicious flavour profile and enough protein to keep you full for hours. Packed full of healthy ingredients, they are ready in no time. If you are a real veggie burger lover, we strongly suggest you try them with other veggies such as chickpeas, broccoli or sweet potatoes!
- 2 cups of frozen peas (200g)
- ¾ cup of royal white quinoa (120 g)
- 1-2 spring onions, to taste
- A few mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of quinoa flour (or chickpea flour)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To complete: burger buns, sun-dried tomatoes and vegan mayonnaise
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water and toast it in a pan. Add water at 1 to 1.5 ratio, bring to boil and let simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pot of boiling water for about 7-8 minutes.
- Drain both the quinoa and the peas and let cool down.
- Mix the peas until smooth. Add in the mint, spring onions, quinoa flour, salt and pepper and mix again until smooth.
- Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the mixture out from the refrigerator, wet your hands and form the burgers.
- Leave the burgers in the fridge for 15 minutes, then transfer them to a hot non-stick pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook on both sides for a couple of minutes, or until the surface is golden brown.
- You can also cook the quinoa and pea burgers in the oven. Place them on a tray lined with parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and cook for about 15 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Garnish with sundried tomatoes and mayo and serve.