RECIPE BY: La Petite Casserole
Panna Cotta is a classic Italian dessert originally made from sweetened cream. This version utilizes agar powder to get the same molded shape– without the gelatin! We’ve topped our panna cotta with a delicious double chocolate and hazelnut cookie crumble, but you can use any of our cookies to achieve a similar crunchy texture.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 4 cups(1 liter) unsweetened plant-based milk of your choice (thick coconut cream/milk will provide the closest mouthfeel)
- 4-5 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tsp agar agar powder (not the flakes! They create different consistencies and need different amounts)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- 4-5 GoGo Quinoa Double Chocolate cookies
- ¼ cup peeled hazelnuts
- In a small cup, dissolve the agar powder in ½ cup of milk (taken from the total)
- Add the rest of the milk, maple syrup and agar powder into a saucepan and stir until well combined
- Add vanilla seeds to the mixture and stir again, bringing to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for two minutes. The mixture will thicken more when it is cooled.
- Turn off the heat and divide the panna cotta amongst 4-6 serving bowls
- Let the panna cotta cool at room temperature for the first hald hour and then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or more)
- Roughly crush the cookies and the hazelnuts and add them in a non-sticking pan, and let cook them for 2 minutes, until toasted and cruchier. Cool down and set aside;Top each vegan panna cotta with the GoGo Quinoa Double Chocolate cookie crumble.