RECIPE BY: La Petite Casserole
The comforting warmth of a bowl of minestrone on a cold day can’t be beat. With hearty vegetables, lentils, white beans, and our delicious GoGo Quinoa Anelli, you will want this everytime the temperature drops!
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 stalks of celery cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp. olive oil + a drizzle to serve
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4-5 leaves (or more) of Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup kale, finely chopped (ideally Tuscan black kale, but any kale will work)
- 2 zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 1 bell pepper (optional)
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup of lentils (optional)
- 1 full tbsp of tomato paste
- GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt, to taste
- 1 1 / 2-2 cups white beans, cooked
- 2 cups of GoGo Quinoa anelli pasta
- In a pot, sauté the leek with carrots, celery and olive oil for 2 minutes;
- Add the other vegetables (except beans) and then water until it is more or less at the level of the vegetables;
- Add in tomato paste and cook for about 40 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally;
- In the meantime, reduce half of the beans in cream using a blender;
- Add the creamed beans and the rest of the whole beans to the soup and cook for another 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender;
- Turn off the heat, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve the minestrone soup with a drizzle of olive oil.