RECIPE BY: Plate and Pen
The perfect pairing for a breakfast or brunch: lemon, cream cheese, and pancakes! Made with our easy pancake mix, no one will know how little time it took to whip up this gourmet breakfast.
For 2-3 people
- 1 3/4 cups GoGo Quinoa vegan pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- 2 flax eggs (1 tablespoon milled flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water, per egg)
- 1 cup oat milk
- 3 ounces vegan Miyokos cream cheese, cut up
- 3 teaspoons melted vegan Miyokos butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest (approximately the zest from one large lemon)
- 1 cup fresh berry mixture, strawberries and blueberries
- Maple syrup for topping
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flax eggs with oat milk.
- Add cream cheese and mix until cream cheese has separated into uniformly small lumps, about the size of large cottage cheese lumps.
- Stir in melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add dry ingredients to wet, then stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle or cast iron pan over medium high heat, until a drop of water sizzles. Lower heat to medium; butter or oil pan. Drop batter into pan by 1/3 cupfuls. These need to be cooked a bit longer than you might expect; they won’t bubble as quickly or as much as plain pancakes. Turn down the heat if necessary, to keep them from over-browning, and let them puff up to their full extent after you turn them, which will take 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cut berries and drizzle with maple syrup.