RECIPE BY: The Saffron Stories
This Vegan Cinnamon Apple Cake is sure to be a family favourite. With warm spices, aromatic fruit, and a soft, buttery texture, you’ll want this for every meal!
Makes 1 cake
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened, plus a little extra for greasing pan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 flax eggs (combine 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 Tbsp water in a small bowl)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 cups GoGo Quinoa Pancake Mix
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 apples
- Apricot jam
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric beater.
- Add in flax eggs, vanilla extract and milk and mix until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, combine GoGo Quinoa Pancake Mix, lemon zest, cinnamon and sea salt. Mix together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease a 9″ spring-form pan with a little butter. Pour batter into pan and spread out evenly.
- Peel apples, cut in quarters and remove cores with a paring knife. Cut each quarter into thin slices and carefully wedge them into the cake batter into any pattern you like.
- Put pan in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Once cake is done, while it is still warm, brush apricot jam over the top. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Once cake is cook, dust with some powdered sugar, slice and serve!