RECIPE BY: La Petite Casserole
Cacio e Pepe is an Italian classic. And just like any Italian classic, it’s made with fresh, simple ingredients that are sure to put a smile on your date’s face. Our unique twist on this romantic meal uses cauliflower as the base of our sauce, and Nuts for Cheese vegan cheese to get a smooth, rich consistency. Who knew that your romantic valentines day dinner could be so easy, yet so impressive?
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, divided
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- ½ cup Nuts for Cheese vegan Un-Brielievable cheese, cut into small pieces + more for serving
- Freshly grated pepper, to taste
- GoGo Quinoa Pink Himalean salt
- GoGo Quinoa gluten free spaghetti
- Place the cauliflower florets in a pot and cover with cold water. Add a good pinch of salt and let it cook until the vegetables are tender, but not falling apart;
- Drain the cauliflower well, let it cool down for a few minutes, then add the vegan milk and puree everything using a hand mixer. Continue to puree until you get a homogenous cream.
- Add the Nuts for Cheese Unbrie-lievable cheese and a pinch of freshly grated pepper (add salt if necessary). Then place this mixture on the side.
- Cook the gluten free pasta in salty boiling water, following the instruction on the box.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss with your sauce, adding more freshly grated pepper to the top of each plate. Serve immediately and enjoy!