RECIPE BY: M. Grace Bakeshop
Spring has arrived, and now is the perfect time to use the seasonal produce we are finally seeing in markets. With fresh asparagus, snap peas, and mint, this pasta dish packs a nutrient-punch. It can be eaten hot or cold depending on your preferences (and the temperature outside!).
- 2 boxes GoGo Quinoa spaghetti
- I bunch asparagus, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cashew milk (or other plant based milk)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon GoGo Quinoa all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon vegan parmesan cheese, and more for serving
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil in a large stock pot. Ladle out about 2 cups of the hot water and pour over the cashews. Let the cashews soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a blender with the cashew milk, granulated garlic, salt, flour, nutritional yeast and vegan cheese. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. Set the sauce aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add some salt to the stock pot of water and bring back up to a boil. Add the chopped asparagus and cook for 2 minutes, add the sugar snap peas and cook for one more minute.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon to a medium bowl. Toss them with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Bring the water back up to a boil and cook the boxes of spaghetti according to package directions. Drain the spaghetti and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Toss the hot, drained pasta with the reserved alfredo sauce. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to create a smooth texture. If the sauce is too thick add more pasta water to create a desired consistency.
- Toss in the veggies and stir until they are evenly coated. Sprinkle some fresh mint over the top and serve with more vegan parmesan cheese on the side.