RECIPE BY: Must Love Herbs
If you’re looking for a healthy, flavourful, simple, and quick dinner idea then look no further! Our Tuscan Pasta Skillet is packed with nutritious vegetables and fresh herbs– even the pasta itself provides a 1/2 serving of vegetables thanks to GoGo’s cauliflower fusilli. The beauty of this recipe is that you can treat it like a rough template to change depending on your personal tastes (and what’s in your fridge!). Fresh basil can become cilantro or rosemary, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms can be swapped for roasted eggplant, and you can use spinach in place of kale!
- 1 package of GoGo Quinoa cauliflower fusilli pasta (227 g or 8 Oz)
- 1 small onion – diced
- 4 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup jalapeños- diced
- 2 cups button mushrooms – roughly chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes – whole
- 1/2 cup kale – roughly chopped
- 2 tbs fresh basil – roughly chopped + more for garnish
- Olive oil
- Prepare pasta according to package. After draining pasta return to pot (off heat), drizzle with olive oil, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add 2 tbs olive oil, onion, garlic and peppers. Allow to cook 2-3 minutes until onions & peppers have softened and garlic has become fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes. Allow to cook 5 more minutes. Mushrooms should be softened and tomatoes blistered and soft.
- Add in kale and basil. Stir to incorporate. Once kale has wilted add in cooked pasta and stir to evenly coat.
- Garnish with additional basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.