RECIPE BY: mgracebakeshop
When the weather gets cold, all we want for dinner is a big bowl of chili! Our deliciously simple Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili can be made in big batches and eaten throughout the week. It even freezes well for a simple make-ahead meal for when you’re in a pinch!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- 2-4 chipotles in adobo, chopped (depending on your spice level)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 3/4 cup GoGo Quinoa Tricolor Quinoa Royal
- Green onions, chopped
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the onion, sweet potatoes, and garlic, sauté for about 10 minutes. Then add the chili powder, cumin, salt, and chipotles. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- When everything is softened, add the crushed tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, and black beans. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and corn and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, remove the bay leaf and serve with the avocado, cilantro, red cabbage, green onion, and tortilla chips on the side.