RECIPE BY: Extra for Avocado
Great for lunch or even as a side dish. This Spring Super Grain Pasta with Mint & Pea Pesto is packed full of plant proteins and makes for a bright and vibrant dish to serve to your guests or even just to enjoy throughout the week.
For 2-3 people
- 1 Package of GoGo Quinoa Super Grain Elbow Pasta cooked to package instructions, drained and set aside to cool.
- 1 1/2 Cup of Fresh or Frozen Peas (thawed)
- 1/3 Cup of Shelled Roasted and Salted Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup of Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Mint Leaves
- Juice of Lemon a Lemon
- 1 Tsp of GoGo Quinoa Pink Andean Salt
- Snap peas and thin sliced radish to garnish
- Cooked GoGo Quinoa Super Grain Elbow Pasta to package instruction, drain, rinse and set aside too cool.
- While pasta is cooking, in a food processor add, peas, pistachios, olive oil, mint, lemon juice, and salt and process until thick paste is formed. (You can add more oil, depending on your preference of texture, more oil with make it thinner)
- In a large bowl, mix together elbow pasta and 1/4 cup of pesto and stir until elbow pasta is fully coated.
- Serve with thin rash slices, and fresh snap peas on top and additional salt and pepper to taste.
*This recipe makes leftover pesto which goes great with GoGo Quinoa Spaghetti and Penne pastas!
Store pasta in air tight container or jars in fridge for up to 3 days.