RECIPE BY: My Kale Kitchen by Amrita
The combination of a warm dressing and quinoa gives this bowl an all-season pass and can be consumed all year round! Incorporating nutritious foods, a warm and creamy dressing as well as blueberries to give it that slight sweet kick, this power bowl has it all!
Makes 2 bowls
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked GoGo Quinoa Royal Black Quinoa
- 1 avocado, cut to your preference
- 2 handfuls of greens
- 1/3 cup peas or edamame
- 1 – 1.5 cups protein of choice
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1.5 cups shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and cut (if needed)
- ½ cup warm oat milk
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp GoGo Quinoa Andean Pink Salt (or to taste)
- 8-10 twists of freshly ground pepper (or to taste)
- Follow package instructions and cook 1 cup of raw quinoa. While the quinoa is cooking prepare your dressing.
- Place a pan on medium heat, once hot drizzle some olive oil and spread it around evenly. Add mushrooms and sauté until cooked through. Transfer mushrooms to a blender along with all other dressing ingredients and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, place equal amounts of quinoa in 2 bowls. Add 1 handful of greens to each bowl and add all other power bowl ingredients in equal quantities leaving the seeds to the end. Sprinkle both types of seeds and serve warm with dressing on the side.
- Switch up the dressing by adding 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese and reduce oat milk to 3 tbs (or as per preference if you want the dressing to be less creamy).
- You can add/substitute any vegetables of your choice in this power bowl!