RECIPE BY: This Rawsome Vegan Life
A delicious breakfast that can be enjoyed for any meal!
Makes 3-4 waffles
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds, mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ¼ cups GoGo Quinoa Gluten-free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Vegan butter or refined coconut oil, for cooking
Sweet potato and sausage fry-up:
- 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil, or more as needed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small bite size pieces
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 GUSTA Vegan Sausages (Española flavour), sliced into medium bite size pieces
- ¾ cup toasted walnuts, roughly crushed
- Maldon salt, as desired
- Maple syrup, as desired
- To make the waffles: Whisk together the chia mixture and almond milk. Add the flour and salt and mix until smooth, with no clumps! Let sit for 4 minutes to thicken up.
- Heat a griddle, pan, or waffle maker. Coat the cooking surface with 1 teaspoon of vegan butter or refined coconut oil for each waffle. Cook each waffle for about 3-5 minutes, until they just start to brown. I recommend a waffle maker for this, because they do all the work for you.
- To make the fry-up: Heat the oil on medium heat in a large (preferably non-stick) frying pan. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the sweet potato and saute for 8-10 minutes, until the pieces start to brown and soften. Add the sausage and paprika and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until the sausage begins to brown. Add more refined coconut oil at any time if the mix is looking dry!
- Assembly: Top your waffles with the sweet potato and sausage. Add maple syrup, salt and crushed walnuts. Enjoy!
- Adaptation: Use hummus instead of maple syrup for a more savoury situation.