RECIPE BY: M. Grace Bakeshop
Nothing says ‘comfort food’ better than pasta. But who says you can’t have comfort and health all in one? This Roasted Vegetable Pasta delivers on its promise to your peace of mind AND fitness goals! You can make a big batch of this pasta and keep it in the fridge for up to a week– let the comfort continue!
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 acorn squash or zucchini, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 28 oz. can pureed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 package GoGo Quinoa Anellli pasta
- Microgreens or arugula
- Crushed red pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss together the eggplant, squash, pepper, and garlic with olive oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper and oregano.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan. Roast veggies for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Give them a turn halfway through the roasting time.
- Let the veggies cool slightly before adding them into a large saucepan with the tomato puree, basil, tomato paste, sugar and red wine. Bring to a low boil over high heat then reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer while you cook the pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and reserve some pasta water before draining. Toss cooked pasta with sauce and add some pasta water if sauce is too thick. Serve the pasta with some micro greens or arugula, crushed red pepper and nutritional yeast.