RECIPE BY: Nathalie Charron
These quinoa tacos are a delicious and healthy twist on traditional tacos. Filled with protein-rich quinoa and topped with a fresh and fruity salsa made from corn, mango, and pineapple, they make for a perfect meal any day of the week.
- 2 cups GoGo Royal Red and White Quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup red onions
- 1/3 cup peppers, cut into slices
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp or more ground chili
- Tortilla bread
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Guacamole (or two more avocados)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Red cabbage, shredded
- Cheese, grated
- Lime and lemon juice
- Corn mango and pineapple salsa
- 1 1/2 cups corn (equivalent to about two ears)
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp oil
- Follow the instructions on the package and cook the quinoa. Set aside.
- Heat oil and sauté onions and peppers about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Season with spices and mix well. Add quinoa and lime juice.
- Prepare all ingredients for the salsa and mix together in a bowl.
- To make the guacamole, mash two avocados together with green onions and add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- To assemble, lightly heat tortillas in a skillet. Spread a layer of guacamole, add quinoa mixture, salsa, red cabbage, avocado slices, cheese and fresh cilantro.