Learn how to whip up these delectable brownies and indulge in a guilt-free dessert that'll satisfy your sweet tooth.
These brownies are a delightful fusion of flavors, combining the richness of chocolate with the natural sweetness of bananas and the wholesome goodness of quinoa. Plus, the coconut flakes add a delightful crunch and tropical twist!
- 1/2 cup Uncooked Gogo White Royal Quinoa (soaked in cold water)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 medium Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Start by soaking the uncooked quinoa in cold water. Allow it to sit for a minimum of 15 minutes, then drain it.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare a 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and lightly greasing it with coconut oil.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked and drained quinoa, mashed bananas, almond milk, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, and almond butter.
- Blend everything on high speed for about 30 seconds or until you have a creamy and smooth brownie batter. The batter should be relatively liquid, not too thick. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender if necessary.
- Pour the flourless brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. If desired, you can sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the quinoa brownies in the preheated oven for 17 to 19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with almost no crumbs. Be careful not to overbake.
- Once the brownies are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for about 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Once the brownies have cooled, cut them into 16 squares. You can serve them plain or add a drizzle of melted chocolate, peanut or almond butter, coconut icing, or protein frosting for extra flavor.
Enjoy your delicious quinoa, banana, and chocolate brownies!