RECIPE BY: M. Grace Bakeshop
This classic French dessert is getting an autumnal makeover! Enjoy our deliciously warm and aromatic madeleines with your morning coffee, afternoon tea, or dessert.
Makes 18-20 cookies
- 2 cups GoGo Quinoa all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a Madeleine pan with cooking spray. Mix the oat milk and apple cider vinegar together and let sit for 5 minutes to turn into “buttermilk.”
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices together in a mixing bowl. Add the canola oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to the oat milk mixture and stir until combined.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the batter into each well of the Madeleine pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and they are set in the middle. While they are still warm, gently lift the cookies out and coat them with cinnamon sugar.