Prep time: 25 minutes | Cooking time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
Makes 6 mini tarts
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¾ cup unsalted raw cashews
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- ½ cup Puffed Quinoa
Equipment needed: 4” tart pans
1. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain the water and place dates along with cashews and coconut oil in a blender. Blend until coarse, the mixture should be able to hold itself up.
2. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and mix in Puffed Quinoa. Continue to mix until the puffed quinoa absorbs some of the moisture from dates mixture.
3. Equally transfer mixture into six 4” tart pans. Using the back of a spoon or your hands, press the mixture into each pan. If the mixture is sticky, lightly wet the back of the spoon or your hands.
4. Refrigerate crust while preparing the filling.
- ½ cup packed Firm Tofu, crumbled
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2-3 tbs powdered sugar (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup + ¼ cup sweetened coconut condensed milk
- 1 tsp agar agar powder dissolved in 3 tbs of plant-milk
1. Crumble tofu (should have a packed ½ cup of crumbled tofu) and place it between paper towels or a cheese cloth. Press down on the tofu to release excess water. Repeat this process until the tofu is completely dry.
2. Place tofu along with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, sugar and condensed milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and very well combined.
3. Transfer filling to a saucepan and mix in agar + milk mixture. Bring to boil while stirring constantly and cook for 1-2 minutes (mixture can splatter while boiling). Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Work this step quickly before the mixture sets. Spoon or pour mixture over the crust and using the back of a spoon spread the mixture into the entire tart pan.
5. Refrigerate tartlets for minimum 2 hours up to overnight.