RECIPE BY: M. Grace Bakeshop
The classic peanut butter cookie meets the world’s best chocolate chip cookie! Together, a match made in heaven is born. These cookies are best when straight out the oven, but keep well in an airtight container for future late-night snacking.
Makes 12 cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural peanut better
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/3 cup GoGo Quinoa all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup GoGo Quinoa puffed quinoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Make the flax egg by stirring the flax meal and water together and set aside while you gather the other ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir the all purpose flour, puffed quinoa, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil and sugar together. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla extract and flax egg. Fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined. The dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together when you press it together.
- Shape the dough into 12 round balls and place them onto 2 sheet pans. Press each cookie slightly to flatten it out.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes then with the back of a spoon or spatula press them down to help flatten the cookie and create swirls of chocolate. Return the pans to the oven and bake for another 6 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire cooling rack and sprinkle each cookie with some sea salt.