RECIPE BY: The Saffron Stories
This granola has everything: protein, crunch, and warm holiday spices. If you have different nuts or dried fruit in your cupboard you can substitute (or add) any combination to customize the results.
Makes 4.5 cups of granola (about 9 servings)
For an easy change you even can switch up the teaspoon of cinnamon for a unique flavour, such as using pumpkin spice, cardamom, or nutmeg. If stored in an airtight container in the fridge your granola will keep fresh in the fridge up to two weeks (but let’s be honest, it won’t last that long anyways!).
- 1.5 cups GoGo Quinoa Puffed Quinoa
- 1.5 cups GoGo Quinoa Quinoa Flakes
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp GoGo Quinoa Pink Andean Salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in GoGoQuinoa Puffed Quinoa, GoGoQuinoa Quinoa Flakes, almonds, coconut flakes, sea salt, cinnamon and orange zest. Mix to combine.
- Add in coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix gently to thoroughly coat mixture in oil and syrup.
- Spread out granola mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Stir mixture, spread out and flatten gently with the back of a spatula and put back in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle cranberries over granola and press down lightly with spatula.
- Let granola cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 2 hours. Once cool, you can brea apart granola and store in an airtight container on the counter for a week (or in the fridge for two weeks).