RECIPE BY: Extra for Avocado
An easy one pot pasta dish that will transport you right to Italy for minimal effort. This One Pot Vegan Spaghetti Puttanesca makes for a great weeknight meal and is packed full of delicious flavours.
- 1 Package of GoGo Quinoa Rice and Quinoa Spaghetti
- 1 Tsp of GoGo Quinoa Pink Andean Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Cups of Fresh mini plums tomatoes or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 Cup Marinated Artichoke Heart Pieces
- 1/2 Cup of Pitted Mixed Green Olives and Black Olives
- 1/4 Cup of Capers
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Tsp of Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot, cook spaghetti as per package instructions with 1 tsp of salt added to water. Before draining reserve 2 cups of pasta water and set aside.
- Wipe out pot and heat with olive oil. Add halved tomatoes and allow tomatoes to simmer for roughly 5-8 minutes until they start to break down and leave juices on the bottom of the pot, add the artichoke, olives, capers, basil and season with salt and pepper and allow to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta into the pan starting with 1 cup of reserved pasta water and using tongs, toss pasta until coated. You may add additional pasta water to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with additional fresh basil or herbs and salt and pepper and serve immediately!