RECIPE BY: Nathalie Charron
Celebrate squash season with this fresh, flavorful, and comforting meal.
For 4 people
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup of tricolor quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup lentils of your choice, cooked or canned
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ras el hanout
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425o.
- In a pot, cook the quinoa with the vegetable broth for 15 minutes then set aside.
- Cut the squash into small cubes and the red pepper into chunks. In a bowl, combine the vegetables, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the cilantro powder. Coat well. Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, brown the chopped onion with a little oil. Mix in the garlic and the rest of the spices. Add the lentils, quinoa, roasted vegetables, dates, almonds and cheese to the pot and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.