RECIPE BY: Must Love Herbs
Madeleines are a classic French cookie with a soft texture and buttery flavour. Our Lemon and Lavender Madeleines bring the joy of spring to your taste buds with a refreshing brightness that is lightly sweet.
Makes 18-20 cookies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs molasses
- 3 tbs melted vegan butter
- 1/3 cup of your favorite vegan milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried culinary lavender
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp GoGo Quinoa pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Approximately 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, molasses, melted butter, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lavender.
- Using your hand or stand mixer at medium speed mix ingredients together until well combined. Add in flour mixture slowly and mix until batter is smooth. Let batter rest in fridge 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes have passed begin scooping batter into Madeleine pans greased with vegan butter. Fill the pans 3/4 of the way full. They will rise slightly. Tap pans to remove any air bubbles and settle batter before placing in oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden and middle is set. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- While Madeleines cool, prepare lemon glaze by combining 3/4 cup powdered sugar with approximately 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice. Glaze should be thick. If it appears too runny add in more powdered sugar 1 tbs at a time.
- Once cooled dip Madeleines in glaze and allow to set up on a wire rack. Enjoy!