RECIPE BY: Emilie Lamarche
As part of #Veganuary, here’s a simple and delicious soup-meal recipe that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Prepared with our vegetable anelli pasta, it’s the perfect comforting recipe for cold winter days.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 vegan Italian sausages, cut into pieces
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 can of 796 ml diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegan chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup of anelli pasta
- Vegetable parmesan
- Sweat the onion and garlic in a large pot with a little oil over medium heat.
- Roast the sausage pieces in the pot. Then add the spinach and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the broth to the pot.
- For the addition of pasta, here are 2 choices:
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook the pasta for 8 minutes. The pasta will take on the taste, but if you eat the soup later, you will need to add more broth, as it will absorb the liquid.
- Cook the pasta separately and add it only when serving the soup.
- Serve the soup with vegetable parmesan.