RECIPE BY: Olive and Mango
This recipe is a classic– it’ll be the first to be finished at a BBQ. It makes for the perfect side but is substantial enough to also be a meal. Depending on your preferences you can also add more or less of each of the veggies!
- 454 grams (1 lb – 2 packs) of GoGo Quinoa Organic Rice, Red & White Quinoa Macaroni
- 1 pint of grape or cherry tomatoes sliced into halves or quarters
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced into coins
- 1 green bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, sliced
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 8 ounces vegan feta cheese, crumbled
For the vinaigrette
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced/ or grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling and salted water, drain and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process and then set aside to cool while you prep the rest of the salad.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the pasta with the tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, onion, olives, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.