- 2/3 cup unsalted cashews (+ water for soaking)
- 3 large parsnips (350 – 400 g), peeled and cut long
- 8 – 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 15 broccoli florets (2 loosely packed cups)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 package of Cauliflower Fusilli
- ¾ tsp salt
- 10 – 12 twists of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3 cups plant milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Soak cashews in water for 20 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400o F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place parsnips and garlic cloves onto the baking tray and drizzle some olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the parsnips are baking, follow package instructions and cook pasta.
- Place a large pan on medium heat, once hot drizzle some olive oil and spread it around evenly. Add broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes (or until cooked through) while stirring regularly. Set aside.
- Once parsnips and garlic are ready, transfer them to a blender along with cashews, salt, pepper, basil and plant milk. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the parsnip mixture to a saucepan and mix in nutritional yeast. Bring to boil on medium heat while stirring regularly. Don’t allow the sauce to stick to the bottom of the saucepan. Lower temperature and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine pasta and vegetables with the preferred amount of parsnip sauce. Serve hot and refrigerate any remaining parsnip sauce.