RECIPE BY: Lynda Turner, Fauxmagerie Zengarry
Who knew plant-based cheese was so versatile? In collaboration with Fauxmagerie Zengarry, we developed a rich and creamy, melt-in-your-mouth pesto to pair with our tasty al dente rice and quinoa fusilli.
- 4 cups cooked fusilli (1 package)
- 1 handful of spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup pesto (see recipe below or use your own!)
- 1/2 cup Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Creme cashew cheese in chunks
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ lb steamed asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil to garnish
- Cook the fusilli according to package directions.
- In the warm pot used to cook the pasta, add pesto, cashew cheese and vegetable broth.
- Mix until well combined over low heat and heated through. Add the cooked pasta and toss well.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a bowl and add asparagus, spinach, artichokes and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil.
Serve warm or cold.
Zengarry Kitchen’s Fresh Pesto Recipe
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process well.