RECIPE BY: Nathalie Charron
We have to admit, we love a simple recipe. Cook the pasta, add all the sauce ingredients to a blender and combine both? That’s exactly what this creamy beet pasta is all about. Especially perfect for the month of love, even though every day is a good reason to tell someone you appreciate them with a bowl of bright red pasta.
- 1 package of rice and quinoa fusilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 beets
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds, slivered
- 1/3 cup cooking water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- A pinch of Espelette pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- In a pot of water, cook the beets for about 25 minutes and reserve 1/3 cup of the cooking water. Remove the skin from the beets and chop them roughly.
- Add the beet pieces to a food processor with the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth. Season to taste.
- Mix the pasta with the beet cream and garnish with the cheese and dill. Serve hot.