RECIPE BY: Must Love Herbs
Warm spices and natural sugars combine for the perfect holiday dish. After a big winter meal all you’re going to want to eat is this quinoa bake. It’s similar to a baked rice pudding but with more protein and filled with whole foods! It’s so healthy that you can have this for breakfast or dessert. Lauren from Must Love Herbs used our GoGo Quinoa red quinoa for it’s rich, nutty flavour (and festive colour!) but you can use any quinoa from our line.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup + more for serving
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa red quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup carrots (finely diced)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans (roughly chopped) + more for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl add the molasses and maple syrup. Mix together. If molasses is too thick you will need to microwave 20-30 secs to loosen. To the syrup mixture add vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and almond milk. Whisk together thoroughly. Next add the quinoa, carrots, cranberries and nuts to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the quinoa mixture into a greased baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Serve with an additional drizzle of maple syrup, pomegranate seeds and pecans for garnish.