RECIPE BY: Must Love Herbs
These Coffee Bean Cookies pair perfectly with your morning cup of joe! They can be enjoyed on their own, or dipped in chocolate for a decadent treat that will keep you up all night.
Makes 12 cookies
- 2 cups GoGo Quinoa all purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter flavored shortening or your favorite plant based butter
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp finely ground coffee beans
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp strongly brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl sift together flour and cocoa. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer cream together the shortening and cream cheese. Add the sugar and molasses to the mixer. Mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, ground coffee, and brewed coffee. Mix until incorporated. Slowly add the flour and cocoa mixture to the mixer. Once fully incorporated the dough should be even in color throughout and slightly dry, but not crumbly. If the dough is crumbly add additional brewed coffee 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon amount at a time form the dough into an oval. Using a skewer press firmly down the middle to make the line that coffee beans characteristically have. Place each cookie 2 inches apart on your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool completely on a baking rack! Enjoy.