RECIPE BY: M. Grace Bakeshop
What’s better than a chocolate raspberry cake? LAYERS of chocolate raspberry cake! You won’t be able to tell that this cake is gluten-free and vegan: rich, moist, and entirely satisfying.
Makes 1 cake
- 3 cups GoGo Quinoa gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee, cold
- 1 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 2/3 cup raspberry preserve/jam
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- Pinch of salt
- Raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 9-inch cake pans and line each one with a circle of parchment that fits the bottom of each pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a large measuring cup stir together the milk, coffee, vanilla, cider and oil.
- Slowly pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk until a smooth batter is formed. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans. The batter will be quite thin and try to get an even amount into each pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the cakes on a wire rack. When the cakes have cooled completely, invert them onto a piece of parchment and remove the parchment circle from the bottom.
- Prepare the ganache topping by pouring the boiling water over the chocolate and pinch of salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk until all the chocolate is melted and a smooth glossy sauce is formed. If it’s too thick add another tablespoon of boiling water to the chocolate.
- Using a cake stand or large plate, place one round of cake in the center. Spread 1/3 of the raspberry preserves over the top in an even layer. Repeat this with the next layer. Place the top layer of cake on and pour the chocolate sauce over the top and sides. Use a spatula to coat the cake evenly. Let the chocolate glaze set at room temperature or in the fridge for 30 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle fresh raspberries over the top.