RECIPE BY: This Rawsome Vegan Life
This pasta packs a protein punch to keep you powered throughout the day. The fresh flavours of this dish come together perfectly when paired with the rich, garlic-roasted sweet potatoes. You won’t be able to resist seconds!
Serves 2 (with extra pesto)
Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Makes about 3 cups
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoons GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
Add all the ingredients to a food processor, and process until you reach the desired consistency for your pesto. This may take a few minutes. Adjust according to taste, adding more of whatever you like.
Garlic-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons Everything Bagel Seasoning (or a mix of salt, garlic, and sesame seeds)
Preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the sweet potatoes and garlic with the oil and seasoning. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are beginning to brown. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
Chickpea Pasta with Pumpkin Seed Pesto and Garlic-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 package GoGo Quinoa Chickpea Fusilli, cooked according to instructions
- 1/2 batch Pumpkin Seed Pesto (recipe above)
- Garlic-roasted sweet potatoes (recipe above)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
Coat the pasta with the pesto. Add to two bowls. Top with sweet potatoes and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!