RECIPE BY: La Petite Casserole
The perfect dinner: simple, nutritious, and delicious.
- 3-4 cups g of boiled chickpeas
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 big apple (or 2 small apples), of your favourite variety
- 1 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 4 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Water or vegetable broth to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as needed
- 1 stalk of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup of GoGo Quinoa anellini pasta
- In a large heavy-bottom saucepan fry garlic cloves in the olive oil, on a medium heat;
- Add in the apple, peeled and cut into small cubes, and the rosemary and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Next, add the chickpeas, letting it cook for a few minutes. After the chickpeas are fully warmed through, add enough water to cover the beans. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Taste the soup and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes over a very low heat.
- While the soup is simmering cook the GoGo Quinoa anelli in a different pot, according to the package instructions, minus 3 minutes.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it and add into the soup saucepan, letting it cook for another 3-4 minutes and turn the heat off. If the soup is too thick you can add water.
- Using a fork smash some chickpeas to make the soup creamer (or use a hand blender) and serve each bowl with a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!