RECIPE BY: This Rawsome Vegan Life
The sister to the ginger snap cookie, these Chewy Double Ginger Cookies will make it hard to hold back. You can drizzle them with chocolate (as we have done here), or leave them in their naked glory. Either way, there won’t be leftovers!
Makes about 10 big cookies, 12 medium, 16 small
- ¾ cup vegan butter
- ¾ cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds, mixed with 3-4 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ¼ cups GoGo Quinoa All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- ¾ cup crystallized ginger chunks, roughly chopped into bite size pieces
- Additional sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the chia mixture and molasses and mix just until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add this dry mixture to your wet mixture in the large bowl until you have a dough.
- Roll balls into 1 ½ – 2 inch balls, depending on how big you like your cookies. Roll each ball in sugar, and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes, checking on them a couple times to make sure they don’t overbake. You want them to widen out and flatten a little bit, and develop those beautiful cracks on top. This will happen towards the end of the baking time. Let the baking sheets cool on wire racks, then enjoy the cookies!
Optional: Add some chocolate drizzle (melt ¼ cup vegan chocolate, whisk in 2 tablespoons warm vegan milk) and flaky maldon salt for extra decadence!