RECIPE BY: Must Love Herbs
Cherry chocolate mousse is the perfect dessert: creamy, rich, satisfying, and you can tell your friends you’re getting a full serving of fruit in! This holiday classic is made vegan with the help of coconut milk in place of heavy cream, and sweetened with maple syrup for an added depth of flavour.
Makes 4-6 servings
Chocolate cookie crust-
- 12 GoGo Quinoa Double Chocolate Quinoa Cookies (crushed into a flour)
- 4 1/2 tbs vegan butter or coconut oil
Chocolate Cherry Mousse-
- 1/3 cup GoGo Quinoa chia seeds
- 1 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 Oz semi sweet vegan chocolate (110 grams)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (fresh works too but you can taste the cherry better when they’re dried!)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs cocoa powder
For Cookie Crust-
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using a food processor pulse the cookies until they become a fine crumb. You may also use a plastic bag and rolling pin to crush the cookies. Add the crushed cookies to a mixing bowl. Melt your butter and add to the cookies. Mix until cookie crumbs are fully saturated.
- In a greased spring form pan line only the bottom with cookie mixture. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack.
For the Chocolate Cherry Mousse.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chia seeds and coconut milk together. In a small bowl microwave your chocolate in 20 sec increments until just melted. Add melted chocolate, cherries, maple syrup, vanilla and cocoa to the chia mixture and whisk to combine. Add the mixture to a high speed mixer and mix for approximately 1 minute. The mixture should be completely smooth, significantly fluffier, and free of any lumps (keep whisking if it isn’t there after a minute!).
- Pour the mousse mixture over the cooled cookie crust and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours, but preferably overnight. Enjoy!