RECIPE BY: Fauxmagerie Zengarry
Cozy up with this cheesy spin on a classic shepherd’s pie, the ultimate comfort food. Combining a savoury quinoa and lentil bottom layer featuring our Royal ® red quinoa, Good Food for Good‘s BBQ sauce with a fluffy potato top featuring Fauxmagerie Zengarry’s Cumin Cheese for creamy rich taste.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cans of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cooked Royal red quinoa
- ½ cup Good Food For Good’s ketchup or BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups corn (frozen or canned)
- 5 lbs peeled potatoes roughly chopped and boiled
- 1 wheel of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Aged Cumin cashew cheese
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mash your lentils until most of them are squished. Sauté the onions in the olive oil about 5 minutes over medium high heat until softened. Add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add the onions to the lentils. Add the rest of the bottom layer ingredients and mix well. Spread the bottom layer in a 9” x 13” lasagna pan or casserole.
- Spread the corn evenly over the lentil layer.
- After boiling the potatoes, drain them and mash them well. Add the Fauxmagerie Zengarry Aged Cumin cashew cheese, vegan butter, broth and salt and mix well to combine. Layer the potatoes on top of the corn and spread them evenly. Use a fork to make a design on the top of the potatoes and sprinkle with a bit of smoked paprika.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.