RECIPE BY: M. Grace Bakeshop
Blessed are the breakfasts that taste like desserts. This Chai Breakfast Pudding functions as a decadent treat AND a healthy start to your day! You can also vary the toppings depending on the fruit that you have in your kitchen, or your personal preferences.
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa Royal Quinoa
- 2 cups coconut milk (or your favorite plant based milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice and zest of half an orange
- 1/2 cup GoGo Quinoa Choco Ginger Qranola (or your favourite granola)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 2 Oranges, peeled and segmented
- 8 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Cook the quinoa in a large saucepan, according to package directions. Remove from heat.
- Blend together the milk, banana, dates, sugar, spices and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture over the quinoa in the saucepan.
- Add the orange zest and juice and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, it will begin to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in vegan butter and vanilla.
- Pour the quinoa pudding into 4 bowls and top each bowl with equal amounts of the Quanola, coconut, pistachios, oranges and strawberries.
- The pudding can also be enjoyed chilled and made one day ahead.