RECIPE BY: My Kale Kitchen by Amrita
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes Equipment needed: 11 in x 7 in cake pan or baking dish
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp vanilla oat milk
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa Quinoa Flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp blue food coloring powder*
- ½ tsp yellow food coloring powder**
- ¾ tsp pink food coloring powder***
* Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder by Suncore Foods® ** Canary Yellow Safflower Supercolor Powder by Suncore Foods® *** Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder by Suncore Foods®
- Preheat oven to 350o F and brush a generous amount of butter on the inside of your baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla oat milk, flaxseed meal and corn starch until frothy. Set aside for 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the quinoa flour, 1-to-1 flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Once the milk mixture is ready, mix in melted butter and vanilla extract and whisk for 30 seconds. Add sugar and whisk again until well combined.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until very well combined.
- Lastly, mix in grated carrots.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish and bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes or until the cake passes the toothpick test. When ready, allow the cake to cool completely before adding the frosting.
- Using an electric beater or stand mixer, beat cream cheese for 5 minutes. Mix in vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Mix in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until creamy and well combined. For a thinner frosting, use 2 – 2½ cups of sugar. For a thicker frosting, use 3+ cups of sugar
- Equally divide frosting into 4 bowls. Set aside 1 bowl.
- Mix in 1 Supercolor Powder into each of the remaining 3 bowls.
- Pipe or spoon frosting onto the cake and decorate as per preference.