RECIPE BY: My Kale Kitchen
Packed with flavour, these quinoa fritters are great as a side dish or main dish. A satisfying mixture of textures to please anyone’s tastebuds!
Makes 6-8 fritters
- 1/3 cup uncooked Royal white quinoa (should yield ½ + 1/3 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1 broccoli head, cleaned and cut into florets (approximately 13-15 florets of different sizes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 flax egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Andean pink salt
- 10-12 twists of freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- 1/3 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp quinoa flour
- Follow package instructions and cook quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 375oF and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- While the quinoa is cooking, place broccoli, olive oil, flax egg, garlic cloves, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Pulse/blend until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and mix in cooked quinoa, sweet corn, carrots and flour. Using your clean hands, form 6-8 fritters and place them on the baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, flip and continue to bake for another 10 minutes. Serve hot with dip of choice.
- If the fritters don’t hold or the mixture is too sticky, add some more quinoa flour, 1 tbs at a time.
- Instead of baking the fritters, you can fry them in a pan with a drizzle of oil until cooked through and brown on both sides.