RECIPE BY: healthyetgourmande
Ever feel like eating healthy isn’t fun? Well here is a way to feel like you’re eating dessert first thing in the morning – breakfast pops. These can also be a fun nutritious snack!
For 8 popsicles
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, whole
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup plant-based yogourt
- 3/4 cup vanilla plant-based beverage
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes, oven baked
- Agave syrup (optional)
- In either two separate saucepans (for two distinct flavours) or 1 saucepan (for a more field-berry flavour), heat the berries with 2 tbsp of water over low-medium heat until the mixture becomes syrupy. Stir occasionally to avoid burning! Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Tip: for faster cooling, place in freezer.
- Combine the plant-based yogurt, vanilla plant-based beverage and flakes in a bowl.
- Fill the first 1/4 of each popsicle mold with yogourt mixture, tap to release any air bubbles.
- Fill the next 1/4 with fruit mixture, tap to release any air bubbles.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 again.
- Optional step: to make a decorative base, mix agave syrup and quinoa flakes together and add this as your final popsicle layer.
- Insert popsicle sticks, place in freezer for 6 to 8 hours (or overnight).
- Run hot water over the outside of the popsicle molds to allow the popsicles to slide with ease out of the molds.
Note: You can replace the quinoa flakes with the same amount of homemade or store-bought muesli or granola!