RECIPE BY: La Petite Casserole
This fun take on traditional pesto will have you blushing pink with all the compliments you’ll get at your next dinner! The fun colour, earthy flavour, and richness of the sauce is the perfect pick-me-up meal. Enjoy!
- 1 package of GoGo Quinoa penne pasta
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 4-5 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 large cooked (steamed or boiled) and peeled red beets, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt, to taste
- Place pecans, pine nuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until the nuts are a quite fine meal and the garlic is minced.
- Add the beets, olive oil, and basil and pulse until you have a smooth and creamy sauce. Season to taste with salt.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
- When the pasta is ready, toss with the pesto and season with ground pepper. Serve hot and enjoy!