The delicious banana-chocolate combination is the star of this simple pancake recipe, which we can summarize with one simple word: YUM!
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- To make the flax egg, stir the flax meal and water in a small bowl until well mixed. Set aside for 15 minutes until it thickens.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the pancake mix, espresso powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar and salt together.
- In a large measuring cup, mash the banana then stir in the milk, vanilla extract and flax egg mix until thoroughly combined. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a skillet or pan to a medium high heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray or add a small pat of butter to the pan. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake. Sprinkle about 8 chips onto each pancake. Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface then flip and cook for another 4 minutes until browned and cooked through. Serve with syrup and fresh fruit.