RECIPE BY: M. Grace Bakeshop
What’s better than dessert? Two desserts in one! This banana bread is rich, moist, and has a satisfying crunch from the streusel topping. It’s amazing straight out of the oven but can also be enjoyed as an afternoon snack cold.
- 2 cups GoGo Quinoa all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- 1/3 cup GoGo Quinoa puffed quinoa cocoa
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup GoGo Quinoa all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Pinch GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2 inch overhang on each side. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Prepare the streusel by mixing the quinoa cocoa, brown sugar, sugar, cocoa powder, all-purpose flour and salt together in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter and mix until a crumbly dough is formed. Add in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- For the bread, stir flaxseed meal and water together in a small bowl to create a flax egg.
- Stir the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender, blend the bananas, milk, and oil until smooth. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the flax egg, vanilla and vinegar until a smooth batter is formed. Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle half the streusel mixture evenly over the top. Repeat with the remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes in the pan, then lift the bread from the pan using the parchment overhangs. Cool completely before serving.