RECIPE BY: Amrita Singh Hooda
This simple, tasty, and customizable meal takes on a beautiful reddish color in this recipe, thanks to the addition of beets!
Should make 5-6 sliders
- 250 grams beetroot (approx. 2 medium size beetroots or 1.25 cups beetroot chopped in chunks)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs Tahini
- 2 tbs Lime juice
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 3 tbs plant-based milk
- 2 tbs Olive oil (or go oil free and add 5 tbs milk)
- 1/2 cup Gogo Quinoa, Quinoa Flakes (or Quinoa Flour)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel, wash and cut beetroot into chunks. Place them on the baking tray and cook for 45 to 60 minutes, until cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the chopped pieces. Once the beetroot is cooked, leave the oven on at the same temperature.
- When ready, transfer beetroot along with all other ingredients, except quinoa flakes, to a blender. Blend until smooth. If your mixture is too thick add some more oil or plant-based milk 1 tbs at a time and blend again.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and combine quinoa flakes. If the mixture is too thin and doesn’t hold, add some more flakes, 1 tbs at a time.
- Using your clean hands, separate mixture into 5-6 portions and form sliders (burgers) by rolling each portion into a ball, and flattening it from both ends.
- Place sliders on the baking tray and cook at 375 deg. F for 30 minutes. Once ready, serve hot with a dip or fill into slider buns with vegetables and condiments of your choice.